Pages

Saturday 15 October 2016

My first few weeks at Uni

A step into the unknown. I found myself in a new town not knowing a single person, but full of optimism. My computer also died on day one. That finally gave me the excuse to upgrade from XP to Windows 10.

Despite only being here for a few weeks I’ve been busy. For my first assignment I had to complete a radio match report and I decided to attend a football fixture. This lead me on an interesting endeavour up to Hartlepool. I had never been to Victoria Park before, nor had I ever been in a press box so I was excited.  

A pre match picture of the sprinkler system. Final score was Hartlepool United 1 Crawley Town 1. 
The view was spectacular. From where I was sat I could even see the wind turbines of Redcar and hear the sounds of seagulls from the seaside.  While I was excited about the Sports Journalism course I never expected things to happen so quickly.

I am staying at a lovely place called Snow Island. It is a 2-minute walk from the university across the canal.  It’s also close to the town centre. Huddersfield is very convenient in terms of its layout.  Geographically it’s also situated between Manchester and Leeds which makes travelling on the train a lot easier.  


So far , so good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Conner.
    Good stuff, and thanks for this first post. I'm glad you had an interesting first trip up to Hartlepool! The next step for you with this blog is to see if you can customise it a bit further. In particular, consider adding some widgets to the sidebar (see my helpsheet for details) so you can connect your Twitter and other social feeds to the blog.

    ReplyDelete