Pages

Monday 21 November 2016

Power of a Picture


During reading week, I navigated my way up north to the Metro Radio Arena which was hosting  Film and Comic Con Newcastle.  I had a press pass for the event, so I had the opportunity to look around and talk to some of the guests.  There were large crowds, many of whom were dressed in various costumes from different pieces of cinema.

Furthermore, while I was there I managed to take a few pictures on my phone as well. For this blog post I picked out one photo in particular to explore in further detail which I have posted below.

This is a picture of Derek Lewis. He used to make models as a hobby in his spare time. However, he gave up his job to pursue his passion full time.  All of these models on display in the picture were created by Derek, and I thought it was really intriguing.


Overall pictures can be really powerful as they can illustrate a story in a visual manner. They can be used to   exhibit a large quantity of items as in this case.  They can act as a nice addition to a written piece because they can help add depth to a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment